Friday, April 11, 2014

DAY 6.  Have a lot to catch up.  this is Flo writing for Arch bc he never figured out how to blog on his phone so I am going to try to
put into words some of his stories. I am not Arch but I hope you bear with me.  I am single parenting while he is gone so sorry about any delays.

Day 6. Today was kind of crazy.  I found a very large craw-daddy( made me hungry)


 A little later I stopped in a bike shop for a lubrication since my bike was making a noise.  The guy said my frame had cracked, Not good.

decided to go on and got a flat.  went to change the tire and broke off the air valve. So walked back to shop and it was closed but there was a cop behind me with his lights on.  He was actually there for the place next to bike shop and I ended up talking to him, asking him about a campground close,hotel or even to be arrested so to have a place to stay tonight.  He gave me a ride to the cop station, checked me out, and gave me a voucher for a hotel.  Sounds good but don't know if safer to sleep on be in bag or on the floor- pretty nasty place. So I am going to get a beer. Oh appropriately enough this city is called Defiance! For now, bye.



Day 5.  Today was a day that nothing seemed to go right. Had a flat. Was fighting the wind most of the day if not the water. Couldn't find the campground that was on the map so ended up in a hotel in Delphos ( it was suppose to storm any way).



Day 4.  Got to see the Bike Museum which was cool.


This bike below was refurbished by Jim at Jim's Bike Shop in Deer Park.




There were time I would carry my pack through the water and then go back for my bike.




I Stayed in hotel at Ft. Larramie.

Day 3.  This couple felt sorry for me and bought me a beer in the afternoon at the Toxic Brew. They helped me get over some high waters.  The Mad River had flooded it's banks.  This is the water I was fighting against.












This is the water I was fighting against.


A friend of mine in Cincinnati, Bob Spinks' brother had me at their home in Vandalia and fed me , let me shower and sleep in a bed.  It was a great evening.















No comments:

Post a Comment